Pupil Deprivation Grant
Ysgol Llys Hywel Community Primary School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC). Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2019-20 Ysgol Llys Hywel Primary School was provided with a PDG and early PDG allocation of £13,800.
At Ysgol Llys Hywel Primary School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We have used the funding available to:
- provide intervention and support programmes that are proven to have the greatest impact and to be sustainable- Speech and Language programmes, such as ChATT. Numeracy interventions, such as Numicon, Catch Up and Springboard. Literacy interventions and Read, Write Inc spelling programmes.
- provide social and emotional support through Positive Play and thinking detectives.
- provide a higher level of staffing in classes where additional support is required.
Our detailed plan which includes details in respect to how we’re spending the grant is available, upon request.